Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- High quality finishing and machining like Maglite and other A-brands.
- No imperfections in the black finish.
- This is the new model, the updated version of the WF-606.
- O-rings everywhere, so probably pretty water resistant.
- Threads are not anodised so good electrical contact.
- Clicky feels good and really clicks.
- No weird smell on the rubber clicky.
- Inside of battery tube is also black anodised.
- Uses two standard AA batteries which are sold just about everywhere.
- Rechargeable GP NiMH 2300mAh bateries fit easily.
- Very bright, do *not* look into the light!
- No blue tint, true white color beam!
- Large enough wrist band
- Reaches very far! I believe this is called "a good thrower".
Well, i think it's a great product, but if i have to say something about the less perfect things, these would be it:
- Simple white box packaging, (but i'd rather have a simple package and a low price than a shiny package and a high price). So think about the packaging when buying this as a gift.
- Too bright when using up close on light colored or white objects, a medium or low mode would be nice.
- If you softly touch the rear switch when the light is on, it goes off real fast (until you release it). But still better that the other way around (on then you touch it softly).
- Only the rear thread seemed to be lubed, others needed a little sillicone spray to turn smoother and easier. (Apply the sillicone spray to a soft cloth first, then rub it onto the rubber rings and the threads. The threading itself is good though.
- Addictive! ;)
This is my first Cree led flashlight and i'm amazed by its power! It looks really good and compared to the flashlights you can buy over here in The Netherlands, it's really cheap too.
A simple hi/lo mode switch would be nice.
I haven't tested the battery life yet, but it should be ok with high capacity rechargeables.
I hope the bulb will last a long time.
No scratches on the aluminium yet, but maybe a HA-III finishing is nice for heavy duty users.
Throw away your old Maglites and get yourself one of these! You won't be disappointed by the quality, it's a real good product.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.