There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good NAS server

posted by leshich on 11/02/2012
    9 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

There very small amount of NAS available for buying. At least in Russia. Those that are available are very expensive and large. So this one is what I needed! Very satisfied.

Data transfer speed is as high as 8 MB/sec when I use FTP server. This is good enough for such a small and cheap box :)

I connected an external HDD (2.5) over USB - works OK. The HDD not always gets started when I plug it into my PC into only 1 port due to a large current needed, but NAS starts it OK, so it look slike the NAS can give more than 0.5A to USB port!

The only one issue was old (or maybe invalid) firmware burned into the device on factory. The devce didn't see any SD cards, USB ports also worked incorrect: the one that labeled "USB Storage" didn't see me storage and "USB Printer" did see... But after burning a newer firmware (see my link in discussions post) everything started to work properly.

"Samba" server looks rather slow when I try to open shared folders in Windows Explorer. When there are a large amount of files in folder you might wait for a couple of minutes to see the result... That's not good, but I don't use samba.

The device gets rather hot when works for a long time. This is due to a bad cooling box. But this doesn't lead to troubles. At least I didn't have any yet.

Very good device for those who wants to have the FTP server in 24/7 mode.

Post comment

DX Everywhere