There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good NAS server

posted by leshich on 11/02/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

There very small amount of NAS available for buying. At least in Russia. Those that are available are very expensive and large. So this one is what I needed! Very satisfied.

Data transfer speed is as high as 8 MB/sec when I use FTP server. This is good enough for such a small and cheap box :)

I connected an external HDD (2.5) over USB - works OK. The HDD not always gets started when I plug it into my PC into only 1 port due to a large current needed, but NAS starts it OK, so it look slike the NAS can give more than 0.5A to USB port!

Cons:

The only one issue was old (or maybe invalid) firmware burned into the device on factory. The devce didn't see any SD cards, USB ports also worked incorrect: the one that labeled "USB Storage" didn't see me storage and "USB Printer" did see... But after burning a newer firmware (see my link in discussions post) everything started to work properly.

"Samba" server looks rather slow when I try to open shared folders in Windows Explorer. When there are a large amount of files in folder you might wait for a couple of minutes to see the result... That's not good, but I don't use samba.

OtherThoughts:

The device gets rather hot when works for a long time. This is due to a bad cooling box. But this doesn't lead to troubles. At least I didn't have any yet.

Bottomline:

Very good device for those who wants to have the FTP server in 24/7 mode.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections