DX » Community » Reviews » Replacement Antenna for Kenwood and More Walkie Talkies (144~430MHz 10W Max)
  • 5 star 14 ( 78% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 22% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Great value
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bybullnugget on 09/16/2014

Cons:One of the antennas was missing the cap; minor mishap. The other one was perfect. Took over a month to arrive. Inquired about being late but never got a reply. SHowed up less then a week after I submitted the ticket. Pros: I get a pretty good gain with these compared with the original stubby ones. Plan on adding a wire to make it a dipole. Read more

Impression:Great value;

0 0
  • posted byAntennmannen on 05/21/2014

This antenna is many times better than the original rubber duckie that comes with the Baofeng UV-5R unit. No con's It gives stronger clearer and longer signal than the original antenna. With this antenna you are allowed to bring your unit regardless if wearing suit or work clothing. It gives a very cool look to the unit and does fulfill it's task with ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRadioflyer66 on 03/15/2014

Fits perfectly and functions well. Seems to be quite well made. Very Flexible. None that I can see, it's just an antenna right! Much nicer than the factory fitted antenna the radio comes with. Much lighter and more flexible. Not sure if it offers any more performance than the standard antenna though but I suspect that it probably should offer better ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybinaaron on 02/13/2014

When i got this antenna in the mail, it seemed more flexible than i thought. It is almost two times as long as the stock antenna for the Baofeng UV-5R, and much thinner. When I tested it, people noticed the difference between the regular antenna and this antenna. I can't say how much more "gain" it gave, but I noticed the difference. The antenna ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJohnnyCache on 12/19/2013

- Quality seems to be good. - - It's not huge but has decent gain. - - Price is cheap enough to check it out and see if it is an improvement for your rig. - - I wish it went to the 520 MHz range instead of just the 430 MHz. - - It seems to be a good solid antenna. Most reviewers I see received one with the Diamond imprint in blue, mine is etched or ... Read more

Installed on my UV-5R+ radio. Installed on my UV-5R+ unit. Pic of the engraved info.
    0 0
  • posted byp2kart2012 on 11/22/2013

Decent Gain in VHF OK Gain in UHF Relatively Flexible 145.53MHz = 7.93db increase 446.00MHz = 2.16db increase Could be better UHF GAIN Although it says Diamond, I'm pretty sure its not. Although it says Diamond, I'm pretty sure its not. I will be attaching photos of how I made the gain measurements. Please see photos section. For the price this is definately ... Read more

VHF Gain +7.93 DB over stock Baofeng UV-5RA UHF Gain +2.16 DB over stock Baofeng UV-5RA
    0 0
  • posted byhfandriod26 on 11/02/2013

Nothing but pros here. My Baofeng uv-r + is greatly improved with this piece of kit. It came this morning. So i tuned then little rig to vhf fm broadcast and selected the weakest station i could find. Replace the horrible original antenna with this one and hey presto. A big improvement. then for my local repeater. And now i can get in to the box form ... Read more

2 0
  • posted byoikono on 09/30/2013

A very good built quality antenna. It fits very nicely to my UV-E5 MK2, and Baofeng UV5r. After a dxpedition got my original antenna lost somewhere, i needed a good replacement. The antenna states Diamond RH 701 144/430 MHZ ^ WIDEBAND RECEIVING COVERAGE MADE IN JAPAN. None that i can think of definitely a keeper. Very good antenna recommended to all ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLeg3nda on 09/18/2013

The antenna's base is made out of sturdy plastic. The female SMA connector is of course metal. The connector has good quality grooves and core. The aerial is protected by a coat of rubber with a rubber tip at the top. The rubber is one-piece so it won't come off easily. The antenna comes in a re-usable, re-sealable protective sleeve. The antenna and ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCitruspers on 08/16/2013

Flexible Clone of the renowned Nagoya 701 antenna Good frequency range Great reception at UHF 446MHZ (walkie-talkie range) None This antenna is a clone of the well-known Nagoya 701 which is well regarded in the HAM community. It's a great replacement antenna for the Baofeng UV-5R (also sold by DX). The antenna is flexible so it doesn't break when it ... Read more

Diamond RH701 packaging Diamond RH701 Antenna Diamond RH701 printing detail Diamond RH701 full print Diamond RH701 connector detail
    0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections