Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great cost/performance ration

posted by SoothyQ on 05/21/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

* Cheap!

* Nice layout (kind of standard, though), which can be separated into tiles 3 LEDs each with individual solder pads.

* Decent light output.

Cons:

* The colors aren't properly balanced, red is much to weak. I get a White color around rgb(255,190,160), which obviously reduces luminosity a lot. Keep this in mind if you need to create somewhat accurate colors.

* Not all solder pads are labeled, and some of them don't contain solder, while others do (lead-free, it seems. Keep this in mind if you only do lead-based soldering at lower temperatures.)

OtherThoughts:

Like previous comments said, the packaging is somewhat sparse, but all the LEDs I've tested so far survived the trip :)

Each unit comes with a cable properly soldered onto one end, and a plug attached. So if you buy 3 of them, you won't get one 3m strip.

Bottomline:

Nice product, especially considering the price. Pretty decent for a mood light; due to bad color balance, it might not be the best solution for a LED display though (or similar).

Anyway, I'm definitely going to buy more of those ;)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections