Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Crisp, bright image!

posted by Bluestar45 on 10/06/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This little unit has a very sharp image. There is no edge bleed usually associated with small, inexpensive screens. It also has a wide adjustment range for both brightness and contrast. Further, even at full volume there is very little distortion. Plus its loud enough to hear clearly.

Also, the screen displays in "overscan" mode, meaning that the entire possible video image is displayed, rather than cutting off the top or bottom as most TV's usually do. :)

Cons:

The only real con for me is the combination audio, video, and D/C power connection which pokes out the side. To keep the lines of the device cleaner, it should protrude from the back. Especially considering that its intended use would place it on a car dash.

Also, there is no chroma adjust, although tweaking the brightness and contrast do a fair job of reproducing accurate color.

OtherThoughts:

I took off one star more for design than actual poor build quality, but beyond that, the unit is simple and to the point. It does exactly what it is designed to do, and does it well.

Oh, and the L/R switch even provides the option to flip the video along the vertical axis. This would make it especially useful as a rear view camera monitor.

Bottomline:

Cost-wise, DX has everyone else beat. (Google the model number and you'll see what I mean.)

At such a great price (and free shipping!) it's perfect for mod projects as well as its intended use.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections