• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Does what it's supposed to do

posted by nginx on 04/07/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Simple device, no complicated circuitry involved but works as expected. It is able to fully charge my Nokia and LG phones without any issues.

Doesn't get hot like other 1 or 2 cell chargers due to lack of any boost converter.

USB plug is highly convenient because just about any phone can be charged directly with USB cable or with the help of adapter.

Cons:

Build quality is terrible. Feels rickety and is certain to break the first time you drop it. Shoddy workmanship even in the interior of the device. I found the cover of this device to be split into three pieces when it arrived but I managed to join it together with Industrial super glue.

OtherThoughts:

I am not sure if it will charge all phones but it works for me. Some devices are very specific about voltage requirements and since this does not have any voltage regulation, there is no guarantee.

With Duracell 4xAA Alkalines, the voltage drops from 6.4V to 5.4V straight away (& keeps dropping slowly after that) as soon as the phone is connected, which is within acceptable voltage range of most cellphones. No worries about voltage with NiMH 4xAA, just perfect.

Bottomline:

Great little accessory for those who frequently treks or hikes.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections