Customer’s impression:
good Not recomended
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Beware of the connections....

posted by michael-w on 09/07/2008
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It is simple to use. You just put in the batteries, plug you USB device in and it works. It even charges my PSP while playing. Only use NiMH Batteris. There is NO voltage regulator in this unit

Cons:

The unit I received had the battery connection mixed up. Polarity was reversed on the USB socket. Luckily I checked that with a voltmeter. Otherwise I might have fried my PSP. So I basically had to resolder the connections, which was not made easier by the fact that the insulation is done by hot glue... All in all the build quality is terrible.

OtherThoughts:

It is a good example of poor craftsmanship. If you buy one, check the connections and the polarity. Make sure you don´t fry your devices. If you want to repair it, use a sharp knife to remove the ungodly amounts of hot glue that are in there.

Bottomline:

Get it if you feel safe using it. The price is a bit steep though. 4 $ for something that you can solder yourself from parts for 2.50. And solder you probably will anyway :-)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections