• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good timing

posted by sm6xsg on 08/27/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

The timer has a nice and good precision for its mechanical build. I timed it over 5 minutes and the result is as good as 5min +-15 to 20sec, which is as good as other mechanical kitchen timers (which can be everything from the same price to the tentime and still have the same precision). Good looking - in compare to the usual dull egg-shaped ones.

Cons:

The buildquality is not the greatest what I've come across, but for the price you pay for this you really can't ask anything more. I'd say it is as good if not better than the one IKEA sells here in Sweden for about same money (the IKEA one broke just after a month or two, so if this will stand for more than 2 months - which isn't too much to ask, it will be better than the one from IKEA).

OtherThoughts:

I got this in it's original package - that is great BUT it was put into a padded envelope, and therefore was quite mashed as it got here. Luckily the timer was ok, but the packaging (for the shipping) could be a bit stiffer so that it would have withstand the abuse by the different postal personal better.

Bottomline:

This is definitely a good buy. The shipping time to Sweden was just 9 days - which I think is really good value for money. And the timer it self is clearly worth every penny that it cost.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections