DX » Community » Reviews » Hobbywing 5V/6V 3A Switch-Mode Ultimate BEC (UBEC)
  • 5 star 5 ( 62% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 38% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted by LcNessie on 08/14/2012

Pros: - Small, you can pretty much tuck it away in any corner. - Quite powerful, can handle a strong single servo with ease, good for 1/10th scale electric buggies. Will probably handle two strong servos as well. - Cheap as chips... Comparable items go for double or more. Cons: - It's a necessary evil... If only the internal BEC of the electron... Read more

0 0
  • posted by matthewgouge1 on 07/16/2012

Pros: -Small and lightweight - 5.18v output - good quality - easy to install - Cons: polarity was reversed!!! I had to check with a voltmeter, but the voltage was definitely reversed... good thing my equipment had a reverse polarity protection! OtherThoughts: not bad, does what it says although voltage was reversed it is not a hard fix by just... Read more

0 0
  • posted by mkniskanen on 05/13/2012

Pros: Does EXACTLY what it promises. * It is very, very tiny and lightweight * It performs well, the voltage is 5.20V * It is easy to use Cons: None that I can think of. Well, my problem is that I do not have any compatible connector for 5V output but that is not the fault of the product, just my hobby room :) One thing worth mentioning is that... Read more

0 0
  • posted by ZSimon on 11/16/2011

Pros: its my 2nd time buying this item, since then, the price dropped :) I used the original to regulate servo ampere and volts. now I bought this 2nd one to connect with the lipo upgrade in my futaba 6EXA and opened the radio to boost it using an SMA converter and sku.19616 because it asks for non-12V supply. Cons: none! really, none! OtherTho... Read more

0 0
  • posted by Cereal on 07/12/2011

Pros: Very stable UBEC, it works great and the output is stable even under high load. I'm using it in some hobby projects and its a great tool to have a stable output. Cons: - gets a bit hot under load - cables connected are a bit small, should be thikker - a better connector would be cool and handy - some sort of mounting holes would e usefull... Read more

0 0
  • posted by djarent on 05/07/2010

Pros: The only con I can think of is that there's limited mounting facilities for the unit. The whole thing is enclosed in a plastic sleeve. Oh, yeah, and it's a good hobby shop price but, maybe a little expensive for a DX item. Cons: This small little DC/DC converter solves the power loss/heat problems associated with a resistor or series pass... Read more

0 0
  • posted by djarent on 10/09/2009

Pros: This small little DC/DC converter solves the power loss/heat problems associated with a resistor or series pass type voltage regulator. My use is to drop a 12V battery on my scooter down to about 4V to light a white LED for use as the headlight. My current plan is to use the DX R2 module (350 mA) for the light. In tests, the R2 gets HOT (... Read more

0 0
  • posted by Crashsite on 03/05/2009

Pros: This small little DC/DC converter solves the power loss/heat problems associated with a resistor or series pass type voltage regulator. My use is to drop a 12V battery on my scooter down to about 4V to light a white LED for use as the headlight. My current plan is to use the DX R2 module (350 mA) for the light. In tests, the R2 gets HOT (... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections