DX » Community » Reviews » Hobbywing 5V/6V 3A Switch-Mode Ultimate BEC (UBEC)
  • 5 star 5 ( 62% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 38% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byLcNessie on 08/14/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Small, you can pretty much tuck it away in any corner. - Quite powerful, can handle a strong single servo with ease, good for 1/10th scale electric buggies. Will probably handle two strong servos as well. - Cheap as chips... Comparable items go for double or... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymatthewgouge1 on 07/16/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:-Small and lightweight - 5.18v output - good quality - easy to install - Cons:polarity was reversed!!! I had to check with a voltmeter, but the voltage was definitely reversed... good thing my equipment had a reverse polarity protection! OtherThoughts:not bad,... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymkniskanen on 05/13/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Does EXACTLY what it promises. * It is very, very tiny and lightweight * It performs well, the voltage is 5.20V * It is easy to use Cons:None that I can think of. Well, my problem is that I do not have any compatible connector for 5V output but that is not the fault of... Read more

0 0
  • posted byZSimon on 11/16/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:its my 2nd time buying this item, since then, the price dropped :) I used the original to regulate servo ampere and volts. now I bought this 2nd one to connect with the lipo upgrade in my futaba 6EXA and opened the radio to boost it using an SMA converter and... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCereal on 07/12/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very stable UBEC, it works great and the output is stable even under high load. I'm using it in some hobby projects and its a great tool to have a stable output. Cons:- gets a bit hot under load - cables connected are a bit small, should be thikker - a better... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydjarent on 05/07/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:The only con I can think of is that there's limited mounting facilities for the unit. The whole thing is enclosed in a plastic sleeve. Oh, yeah, and it's a good hobby shop price but, maybe a little expensive for a DX item. Cons:This small little DC/DC converter solves t... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydjarent on 10/09/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This small little DC/DC converter solves the power loss/heat problems associated with a resistor or series pass type voltage regulator. My use is to drop a 12V battery on my scooter down to about 4V to light a white LED for use as the headlight. My current plan is to us... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCrashsite on 03/05/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This small little DC/DC converter solves the power loss/heat problems associated with a resistor or series pass type voltage regulator. My use is to drop a 12V battery on my scooter down to about 4V to light a white LED for use as the headlight. My current pla... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections