DX » Community » Reviews » Baofeng BF-UV5RA Rechargeable 1.5" Dual-Display Dual-Band Walkie Talkie - Black
  • 5 star 19 ( 90% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 10% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
good
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byMartijn113113 on 08/11/2014

Good product for a small price. Delivery was not so good. They had to send it twice so it took a long time to arrive. Goed product voor een lage prijs. Moest wel twee maal worden verzonden. Dus duurde lang voor ie er was. Read more

Impression:good;

0 0
  • posted bydave2323 on 06/30/2014

Good radio for the cheap price. You have a good reception and the voice seems clear enough for the one receiving me. The FM radio function is useful on the road to shutdown the broadcast when you need to transmit. Battery do about 1 day while scanning or listening to FM Radio in standby. You can hear some noise when the CPU change the frequency. LCD ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAE2013 on 06/14/2014

Well built radio and, considering its price range, very high quality. I'm really pleased with the purchase and actually glad that I did not go for any of the higher priced alternatives as this radio fits my needs perfectly (leisure/hunting radio). Battery life seems to be very good also. Provided antenna was replaced with higher quality alternative.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byHolyMouse on 06/10/2014

- many useful functions, - highlighted keyboard, - dual receive mode, - flashlight, - DCS and CTCSS. - complicated configuration, - some functions can be accessed only using a PC, - DCS and CTCSS configuration cannot be quickly accessed. Very good radio for beginners and advanced users. Very useful as a PMR. Can be configured individually for each country ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysabatmo on 06/01/2014

Great Device. Really solidly built. Works at both UHF and VHF bands. Mostly used for paragliding I never had any problems with reception or transmission. Range and quality of signal (with it's stock antenna) is the same as the other pilot's expensive devices. FM radio reception is always welcome when waiting on the slope for takeoff! The battery life ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRoboW on 04/16/2014

Cheap, robust, easy to use Headset jack with same contacts like kenwood, so many accesories are working small: fits in pocket of my jacket has a Numpad! Big advantage to Radios like UV-3R Hard Button for on/off, cannot turn on accidentally in pocket (like UV-3R..) this is the third version of UV-5R, here is the design really nice compared to previous ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydanielwernerch on 04/10/2014

Good Build Quality Wide Programming Features Good Functions FM-Radio well integrated in Funtions Good Speaker Quality So far none Unfortunately NOT ALLOWED IN SWITZERLAND (BAKOM REGULATORY ALLOWS ONLY 500mW ERP) Better Manual would be nice The Device has many good functions. Programming is Easy after some first steps. The Radio Function is very nice.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byZed on 04/08/2014

Unbelievable performance for the price. I continually get reports of 5X5 even when hitting repeaters that are 30 miles from me. Rugged construction and attractive styling make this an excellent handheld transceiver. Buttons are too easily pressed. If I carry the radio in my hand it is very handy to press any necessary buttons to change features but ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybenthere on 03/31/2014

Inexpensive radio, can drop off a tower or lose and not a big deal. Equivalent radios are over $200 for a name dual band radio. Programming is not easy but there are guides on the net to help. Don't remember that there is a cross band function available on this radio. 2m and 70 cm ham bands are right in the middle of the available frequencies. Even ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymelslenstra on 03/14/2014

Great radio, very solid housing with strong metal speaker grille and tough plastic all around. It has no trouble at all communicating over large distances, even across a few km in suburban landscape with a couple of large buildings in between. The greatest advantage is the large online community of hams that use this exact model of radio. On one of ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections