• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Really good games in a mediocre packaging

posted by openshiny on 11/26/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The most important feature of this Famiclone is that it actually includes hundreds of quality Famicom games.
    From Double Dragon, Gradius, Contra Series, Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania 2, TNMT2, Nekketsu series to Chip 'n Dale, Darkwing Duck, Jungle Book and tons of other games. Unlike popular million-in-one clones which repeat the same game over and over with a slightly different games, this one contains unique good titles (except for a few funny Super Mario Bros and Contra hacks, but they are sparse).

Cons:

Build quality and packaging: the console itself is very light and has a quite sturdy case (by modern Famiclone standards) with OK power and reset buttons, but the gamepads are absolutely horrible with almost extremely short cables. Power brick is not compatible with european outlets (it seems to be made for the US, I'm not sure) and even if it were I wouldn't plug it in because the it's way too light and cheap looking. I'm using my Megadrive 1 adapter which fits and works perfectly. The packaging of the console itsef is also nothing to be excited about.
    Console also lacks a game slot (so you can't load your own games), and a LED power indicator light.

Also note that on my system few single games like Adventure Island 4 are not working (black screen).

OtherThoughts:

The system itself works fine, after you replace a power brick and a gamepad. The selection of games is really awesome and that's what really counts.

Bottomline:

Great system if you're looking for good Famicom games. It's also nice for parties since its small and has a lot of titles.
    Keep in mind that the power brick and the gamepads should be replaced for normal usage (especially if you live in Europe), and it you don't have replacements or can't figure out the correct polarity, voltage and current for the power brick better stay on the safe side.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections