DX » Community » Reviews » Digital Balanced Li-Ion/LiPo/NiCD/NiMH/Pb Battery Smart Charger and Discharger
  • 5 star 1 ( 7% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 71% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 21% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good Deal

posted by Watslaw on 07/25/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I managed to charge everything I saw around: starting from AA/AAA batteries (using RE magnets) and electric screwdrivers and up to multi-cell laptop battery (certainly, having removed its case cover and giving a personal charge to each 18650 cell. It will probably charge even a car battery (but not mine which is 110Ah for diesel engine and requires a curent equal to 10% of capacity). Shuts off automatically, allows to set a lot of charging parameters.

Cons:

Certainly, the very first - is a lack of main power supply. But this charger is intended for outdoor use (I mean for charging batteries of remote controlled copters, planes and cars) from any available power supply with 12V DC.
    Second cons - is that no thermal sensor is included. And avan no balance plug - you have to DIY that.
    Third - a fan was already noisy and went to its end in a couple of months. Had to buy another one in local DIY parts shop.

OtherThoughts:

Mine came in a black case as shown on the picture.
    Only a few clamps (along with crocodile) are included; would prefer more types - e.g., needles, magnetic plates etc. Yepp, I'm a lazy bone and don't want to waste time assembling that by myself!
    Would prefer to have it a few more options: overriding low battery voltage, setting an initial voltage, support of different voltage from power supply, extend the charging rate for 8..10Amps.
    And I've overcharged one battery, though I have to admit I'm not a profy in charging theory and have googled out just a few charging methods. Which DO WORK!

Bottomline:

Take that if you know what's this device for. Or take a more advanced model if you are already a profy.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections