Customer’s impression:
good nice I received a defective item...
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good field charger for the price.

posted by CQ2000 on 11/26/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-The price...can't beat it.

-Charges almost any type of battery.

-small size.

-comes with lots of different cables.

-It does have data capabilities, if you have the technical ability to get it working.

Cons:

-USB port is not a USB port. DO NOT PLUG IT INTO YOUR COMPUTER.

-overall accuracy of the this charger is not very good.

-Balancing not as accurate as it should be, but it is better than not balancing at all.

-lack of an insulator between the bottom of the circuit board and the case could lead to short circuits. The ends of the components are very close to the case.

-as mentioned before, there is a transistor that should be thermally bonded to the case and it is not.

OtherThoughts:

I bought this charger because it was supposed to have a USB port. It turns out the data on the "USB" port is actually TTL serial data @ 9600 baud. I did get manage to get the data from this charger to work. I used a USB to serial UART device (many companies use these to program their speed controllers, ca$tle, xcel3r1n, h3xtr0nic etc.) based on the CP2102 chip. I then used a freeware program called LogView2, using the Bantam A6 device setting, to display the data. It works quite nicely, though I have not tested the software extensively yet.

Bottomline:

If you need a charger and can't afford a really good one, this one is a good buy.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections