DX » Community » Reviews » IR 48 LED InfraRed Illumination Light for Night Vision (DC 12V 500mA)
  • 5 star 12 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 28% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byadamlada on 05/24/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Price! The price for this illuminator is really low. The same one can be bought elsewhere for 50 USD! IT works really nice. Great for indoor use, its light is pretty strong. And I love the light sensor and the fact that it can start automatically. Cons:Nothing i am awar... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKangerm00se on 05/18/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Build quality is very good. It has a light sensor in the middle, but if you want constant IR light (not only when it's dark) you can easily unscrew the top and place something in front of the sensor. It's also very easy to mount it in different ways. Cons:It d... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfedeluis on 03/16/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Some cameras for CCTV came with infrared ilumination but when there is a lot of space to monitor, the infrared light emmited by the cameras is insuficient. So, buying this item you can augment the infrared light so you will have a better image in the night. Co... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJanJacobsen on 03/16/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Easy to mount and use, and works very well. For sure I have given my outdoor camera a boost of light at night, and its great that I dont need to think about switching the unit on and off, it does that automaticly. Cons:The cabel is very short, and the connector is not wat... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhemabh on 03/12/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:V POWERFUL Infra Red Night Vision Light. Illuminates nearly 10 metres distance. I use it very regularly for indoor & outdoor usage. With My Infra Red Night Vision Googles & other Night Vision equipment i can easily view things in over 90% dark conditions.... Com... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrobbage on 01/31/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very easy to use. Uses a lot less than the 500 milliamps quoted in the specifications. Very easy to mount on a wall and plug power in. Suitable for a front door camera if it's out of the weather. Cons:There is some visible light emitted which is noticeable in... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjoosth84 on 01/30/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Works as advertised, usefull for camera's without IR filters and can be used for a small area. Cons:Very short cable. Because the unit itself is watertight (has prober sealings) the powerplug cord is short. I needed to wire the connector indoors for proper conne... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymennowo on 12/31/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Works on 12V, gives quite a lot of light. The device is built solidly with a metal case and tough plastic caering the leds. It somes with a light sensor, so only works if there is little visible light. However the cover can be unscrewed and the sensor covered... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynikloscl on 12/18/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Cheap, Bright, Robust and good terminations. I bought 3, and all of them works perfect since a little bit more than month A see a similar one in a local store, the cost was about 6 times Cons:Dont see any cons for the use that i give it. Maybe the lack of power supply.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysubgunfun on 11/20/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Not a bad price for a self contained unit. Built in automatic controls work great. Adds a lot of IR light for camera's sensitive to this wavelength of light. Very heavy duty and feels well built. Not sure if it is very weatherproof though... I only used indoors. Looks l... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections