DX » Community » Reviews » IR 48 LED InfraRed Illumination Light for Night Vision (DC 12V 500mA)
  • 5 star 12 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 28% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great flashlite

posted by mistraller on 11/05/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

The case is steel, with glass, and feels strong. Front with glass is screwed on top of the case, en contains a watertight O-ring. Cable hole is properly glued on the inside. 
    The webcam where I bought this thing for, is very sensitive for 850nm light, so I can illuminate my subjects. The case contains a hole for a standard camera mount. Soldering inside looks ok.

Cons:

I tried with several camera's. All camera's see the IR light, but not very good. My sony DCR-SR55 see only a little of the light. Not enough to illuminate something. My Canon Powershot A80 can hardly see the light. 
    But: the ovislink WL5400CAM is working well with it.

OtherThoughts:

The leds are switched off if there is normal sunlight. This works well. The flaslight takes about 125mA. (Not as much as 500mA)
    It would be nice if a power adapter was included.

Bottomline:

Overall, this flashlight is great value for money, but you should really check if your camera can see the 850nm light.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections