DX » Community » Reviews » 2.1mm 160-Degree Wide Angle Lens for Security Cameras and Webcams
  • 5 star 10 ( 53% )
  • 4 star 9 ( 47% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bysixoremenos on 10/29/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Expands the field of view. I am using my Foscam 8918 outdoors, in an unexposed place of my home's backyard. This lens gives me a greater area for watching and movement detecting. The replacement was very easy. Just unscrew the original lens and screw in this one. Cons:F... Read more

1 0
  • posted bysams on 03/25/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Work fine on my cctv TP-Link TL-SC4171G. I got horizontal view very wide dan good picture. It cover more view angle, maybe 120 degree. Cons:Replace different lens will change ventilation of cctv. You must add more filter to prevent dust enter in cctv. Delivery is about... Read more

1 0
  • posted byjestah46 on 02/11/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Product as described. Fairly easy to use. Works well with the 2 network cameras I have. Gives a bigger viewing angle. Cons:Kind of tricky to install. Took me a couple of trys but I eventually got it. You just have to play with it. Just remember to be patient and don't o... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymblogst on 02/11/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Got angle > 90°. Cons:A bit high price compared to other lens. OtherThoughts:Got different versions over different orders. Difference is in threads, that are split in one versions. Should not be a problem, with most cameras. Bottomline:My web cameras o... Read more

1 0
  • posted bymblogst on 01/17/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Great. Finally gor no ir-cut lens for my foscam outdor cameras. Due to an view angle > 90° the outer portions of the picture are a bit blured. But that is expected. The installation was simple, mounted it withoud spring and foam part. Cons:A bit too hi... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjason1091 on 01/07/2013

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Huge improvement to viewing angle. I used this with the "Standalone IP Wireless WIFI/LAN Camera with Night Vision and Pan/Tilt Motors" (http://dx.com/p/standalone-ip-wireless-wifi-lan-camera-with-night-vision-and-pan-tilt-motors-26358) and it really he... Read more

With Wide Angle Lense
    2 0
  • posted byTomBjerre on 12/26/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Extreme wide angle More than doubles viewing area compared to standard Foscam lens. Cheap Cons:Some tunnelling effect (but there always is with such extreme wide angle lenses) OtherThoughts:Tried it in Foscam 8904 and 8909 Bottomline:Works really well. Why does the revi... Read more

1 0
  • posted byrocketmonkeys on 03/20/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:I had a webcam (zonet zvc7611) that needed a wider angle. The threads on this lens fit perfectly, but the focal distance is longer so this lens needs to be further away than the stock lens. This means that the lens had to be held in *front* of the lens mount for the image... Read more

4 0
  • posted bySnupptttt on 03/05/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Much wider angle, I can actually see a full area I want to without panning my cam, They come with a protective cover over the lens (lens cap) Generally clearer image than the lens that comes with the original device, I own 4 x Foscam 8918W's (not off DX) Cons:Fo... Read more

2 0
  • posted bymarcoscu2 on 05/08/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very well priced Good build quality Reasonable image quality Fairly easy to install Cons:Marked barrel distortion in image Fitting the lens is easy in theory but harder in practice. Focusing the lens is time consuming and hard on the fingers. OtherThoughts:This replacem... Read more

2 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections