Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great enhancement for your webcam

posted by xor0110 on 01/27/2010
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This is a very well-built product, and work very well. If you have webcam with the proper lens mount type, this is a great buy, specially because of the low price.

Cons:

It is not a proper "wide-angle" lens because it distorts the image. On the other hand, I don't think it deserves to be called a "fisheye" lens, because the distortion doesn't seem to follow of the classic fisheye functions like f-theta or whatever. It does give you a great FOV though. I haven't been able to judge how well it focus the image, and the color fidelity, because me webcam is very bad. But looks all right to me. It would be only nice if came with an IR filter option...

OtherThoughts:

It came to me with bubble wrapping, no scratches and no oil in the threads. This lens has a very good price, and I recommend to anyone, since it is so hard to find a wide-angle lens for webcams, and it is extremely useful.

Bottomline:

If you are even remotely interested in buying something like this, I recommend you very strongly.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections