Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good radio, good price

posted by stringer69 on 04/13/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This radio is well built and has a very wide range of frequencies. I have just ordered a second one.

I like that you can RX and TX on any frequency of your choice.

the price here is $40 cheaper then ebay and includes postage, best price i found after extensive searching

Cons:

The first one I ordered took ages to arrive and was dead on arivial, however the friendly people a Dealextreme helped me ship it back to them and organised a replacement quickly.

Manual is very light on, i did some google'ing to find a manual that was more in depth, I also noticed that some things that the manuals say that is has are missing and the radio also seems to be locked down, but all good

OtherThoughts:

Could DX get the px-888 its a model up and has some extra functions. Either way the PX-777 is really good for what you pay and a really robust handheld.

could DX get the programing cable? it does make it much easier to program once you actually have a base set of frequencies saved in your computer.

It is compatible with most headsets and they work well.

Bottomline:

compared to everything else, on all other websites, this was far cheaper and it is a very good radio. Buy it if you want a reliable radio.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections