DX » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-501B 3W UV 395~400nm LED Flashlight with Clip (1*18650/2*CR123A)
  • 5 star 11 ( 48% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 43% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• PEE FINDER AND MORE!!!!

posted by haiyter on 06/01/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

* GREAT uv light by dx. This thing did reflect certain "stains". Tried to find pee stains from my dog in the carpet but didnt know where until I got this from DX. 
    Found the pee and im sure it would be able to detect other stains (not only bodily fluid).

Cons:

Pricing is a bit steep but still I think this gadget is worth it. Great to take it to those motel or hotels and check to see if the bed sheets were changed or are clean.

OtherThoughts:

If you are going to look for pee in carpet, it is easier if your carpet is thin, If its those thick type where its fluffy, it might be more difficult as I know my dog pissed on a rug that was fluffier than the carpet, it was hard to find the spot. 
    If you are going to use it for a hotel like i did, make sure you check the restroom as well. Sometimes they dont even bother washing the toilet seat let alone the area around it. When I checked my bed, it was clean but the restroom was "dirty" as i could see stain that was hard to see with the naked eye at the wall and toilet areas. Sometimes cleaning ladies/gentleman think cleaning the counter and toilet for poop is enough but never bother to check around the floor area where people might have "missed" when they pee'd

Bottomline:

Great investment for those who travel or want to look for stain. I would say mine paid off after I complained and received an upgrade for free at a hotel in vegas, maybe you could too =)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections