DX » Community » Reviews » Adjustable Universal Bicycle Mount for Cell Phone/GPS/PDA Gadgets
  • 5 star 9 ( 39% )
  • 4 star 12 ( 52% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 4% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 4% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great device, excellent value for money

posted by tolerant2 on 04/08/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The handlebar mount part is excellent. It has a nice ball joint arrangement that tightens up to any angle really solidly. The foam pads on the arms get a pretty good grip on a phone. The clip between the mount and the phone carrier makes a very solid connection.

Cons:

The phone carrier seems a bit flimsy for bike use (understandable for the price). There is only one small screw holding the back plate onto the phone carrier, and (having taken it apart) the ratchet that holds the arms closed is quite small and looks like it would break quite easily. It would be OK for lighter devices but I wouldn't use it for a heavier phone or GPS. When the arms are extended more than halfway they are quite lose, and the same applies to the little feet, so I wouldn't use this for a "landscape" device like a GPS either.

OtherThoughts:

I only bought this for the handlebar mount part to modify an old PDA carrier to hold my GPS on the bike. It has worked out pretty well for that purpose.

Bottomline:

Pretty good for the price, use for small light devices only, and use a safety strap!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections