DX » Community » Reviews » Universal Bicycle Mount for Flashlights and Gadgets (2cm~3cm Diameter Adjustable)
  • 5 star 32 ( 63% )
  • 4 star 18 ( 35% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Does what it has to do, very useful

posted by th3pr4wn on 06/04/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Cheap adaptor to allow you to mount a torch as a bicycle light. With the ridiculous amount of cheap, powerful torches here on DX you can get yourself a really powerful bike light for a very cheap price.

No tools required for use is handy so you can pull it off the bike and take it with you to stop scumbag thieves from thieving it when your bike is parked and locked.

Cons:

Other users have reported the plastic is too brittle. It does seem to be pretty rigid but I haven't had a problem and I think with sensible/careful use it should last fine. If you are the heavy handed type who like to go ripping their torch out and smashing it back in the holder then maybe this isn't for you...

OtherThoughts:

The only other alternative I could think of to mount a torch was a pair of hose clamps looped together in a figure 8 - one around the handle bar and one around the torch. The hose clamp option is cheap but ugly, a pain to fit and remove and can damage handle bars and torch.

Bottomline:

Get one if you have the need, its cheap and it works.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections