posted by Nybble on 11/05/2012
    7 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

- Fast CPU - all programs ran fine, even games
    - HDMI out is nice to have
    - Modern build of Android
    - Lots of storage space, plus took my microSD card just fine
    - Bright colourful screen
    - Battery seemed to last a long time, but WiFi definately drained it faster when activated

- Screen has very poor viewing angles: at anything but straight-on it got dark quickly
    - Touchscreen has poor sensitivity (compared to other smartphones and tablets I've used) - you sometimes had to touch it multiple times to register, and you could see that it wasn't 100% calibrated. For buttons/links on web pages it seemed I was always clicking in the wrong place
    - HDMI-out was a bit flakey: sometimes had to plug it in twice to register, and it would cause some video apps to crash (entire tablet would reboot)
    - HDMI-out had scaling problems: colours looked fine on the tablet, but were sometimes wrong onscreen, and often edges had red outlines to them

Powerful hardware running modern Android, but touchscreen isn't that great, HDMI-out has on-screen artifacts, and if you're looking at the screen at an angle it gets dark fast.

Good for a personal video player (using the tablet screen) or ebooks, but not great for surfing or app use (where the touchscreen issues make it frustrating at times)

Post comment

DX Everywhere