Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• A feature-rich tablet for the price, but the one I received was damaged.

posted by scoutt48 on 12/31/2012
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

It's very well made;I love the feel and look of it. Onda is a very reputable company, and regularly updates the software on their products. The tablet comes rooted out of the box. The screen is crystal clear and the sound from the mono speaker is surprisingly deep and rich. The tablet is made from aluminum and plastic, and the screen is G+G glass which is scratch-resistant.

Cons:

The battery life is fair, but not good for the price or it's size. DX/dealextreme.com seems to have opened the product and installed their android app before shipping it out. In the process, the screen seems to have been damaged by them, as it is lifting up on the bottom left quadrant of the tablet, and makes a squeaking sound whenever you press in that area.

OtherThoughts:

I don't like that the headphone port is positioned on the top of the tablet, but it's not that big a deal. I also wish the battery life was longer but with a little tweaking and an overnight charge, I've managed to get six hours out of it. Also, if you receive a tablet with a firmware below 1.5, you cannot access Google, Youtube or Facebook, but it's easily fixed by updating to the latest firmware, (which should be done by someone who has experience updating Android devices).

Bottomline:

The Onda v712 tablet I received was opened and the screen was damaged. However, I do not believe this was the manufacturer's fault, (but I may be wrong). I believe this is an amazing tablet for the price, however I recommend that you request that DX/dealextreme.com does not open, tamper with or install any apps on the tablet. I spent a good portion of three months comparing tablets in this price range, and I think for the money, this is the best one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections