DX » Community » Reviews » Genuine Cow Leather Case + Wireless Bluetooth V3.0 Keyboard for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 - Black
  • 5 star 1 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good quality, limited usefulness

posted by robvanwezel on 11/28/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Contains a lot of keys, including characters I need for programming via remote desktop (like []{}<>).

The keys are made of rubber so they don't damage the phone when the cover is closed.

The quality is very good, as far as I can tell. The picture doesn't show it clearly, but the keyboard and phone cover are both connected to the main case (with velcro). The keyboard is exactly the same size as the phone cover, which looks good.

The keys are big, which means you can put the case on a table and type with all fingers. Unless you have very large hands, but in that case you will also appreciate the key size anyway.

Cons:

When holding the phone in your hand, the keyboard will dangle below it. When typing, the phone will fall down unless you hold it up. So it's not very useful as a 'portable' typing solution.

The keyboard layout is a bit unusual for me, but you will get used to that.

OtherThoughts:

I would LOVE to have a slide-out bluetooth keyboard for the S3, and buy it immediately. The only reason I have an S3 is because Motorola doesn't sell QWERTY sliders in Europe anymore.

The Galaxy S3 forces you to switch to Samsung keyboard when bluetooth keyboard is connected. This is a little bit annoying, but it's a Samsung issue and not a BT keyboard issue. The bluetooth keyboard works fine when i switch to MultiLing keyboard as well (my default Android keyboard)

Bottomline:

The quality and price are great, and it may be useful for people who type with the phone on the table (or e.g. connected to a beamer or TV using MHL/HDMI or Allshare Cast).

But for me personally, I would prefer a bluetooth slider like the ones that DX has for iPhone.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections