There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great light!

posted by booracer on 10/04/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Way brighter than my 3w 4d cell led maglite! The low is slightly dimmer than the same Maglite. I think the led maglite puts out 100-110 lumens. Which is already bright.

Great finish for the price.

Small and compact.

Provision(little hole on tail cap) to attach a lanyard.

Will sit on it's tail cap, but wobbles a little bit due to slight protrusion of the 2 mode button.

Aluminum reflector.

O-ringed at all threaded points.

Better run time than advertised(An honest 60-70 minutes run time with a 2500mah 10650 unprotected trust fire and another 30 minutes of significantly dimmer run time after that.

Nice build quality.

Floods an area more evenly.

Cons:

Glass lens seems to be a bit thin.

Mine came with a chip on the tail cap about the size of a pencil point. It's not a big deal, but this is a review.

This light gets warm after 5 minutes and hot after 10-15 minutes.

The o-rings at the tail cap seems a bit thin or too small to create a good water resistant seal, but nothing a couple of fatter o-rings couldn't fix.

The reflector housing is threaded but will not turn(glued?) negating the ability to go from flood to zoom.

The 10650s take a long time to charge so have spares.

OtherThoughts:

I really wish Aurora would not glue the reflector housing because that made the beam nonadjustable. I timed the run time of this flashlight by running it on high for 15 minutes then allowing it to cool off for about 5 minutes. This flashlight will make a great hand warmer in the winter time.

I bought it for my night bike riding so heat shouldn't be a concern for me.

Bottomline:

I will definitely buy another one when the need arises.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections