• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great, but not perfect for Android

posted by kenkendk on 01/04/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Light weight, good feel. Excellent choice of buttons. Good responsiveness, although a bit sensitive. Feels good with the left mouse click in the middle, and a dedicated back button. Scrolling works nice, and so does the volume up/down buttons. The play/pause button works for most apps, such as XBMC and Spotify. The receiver is smaller than the picture shows, and the controller works just like an ordinary USB mouse. Turns off automatically after about 2 minutes of inactivity.

Cons:

For a controller that explicitly states "for Android", I would expect that the Home button works like the Android home button, instead it works like the Home button on a keyboard (i.e. beginning of line).

The mute button does not do anything on Android, and neither does the menu button.

The directional keys work, but since it is not possible to use the buttons without the gyro active, it is not really of much use, since the focus follows the mouse.

The green LED is overly bright and makes it look cheap as you can see the internals slightly when it is on.

I have had several connectivity problems where the LED starts flashing, connecting, disconnecting, etc. and it needs to be turned off/on to fix it.

OtherThoughts:

Mine did not come with a manual, and I could not find one online. I have not tried with non-Android devices.

Bottomline:

Actually a nice controller, with a little work, the next version could be the ultimate controller for Android based media centers.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections