DX » Community » Reviews » TEC1-12706 50~72W Semiconductor Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler Heater - White
  • 5 star 18 ( 72% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 28% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Very good product Fun Interesting Watch the temperature! green energy
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bybayerd on 08/18/2014

Pros: nice waterproof sealing / surface was really flat and parallel / overall nicely built! Using the seebeck-effect did work until ... (see cons) Cons: ... I overheated the peltier element. So not really an CON since it was my fault, but I want to tell you: be careful! After a few moments on the cooktop, the solder joints melted. Recommendations: ... Read more

Impression:Watch the temperature!;

0 0
  • posted byCefuve on 08/13/2014

Pros: Very simple to connect (tested with 9V battery), good price. With reasonable current we obtain good results. Cons: no cons. Other: I test it directly with lighter to produce electricity and not problem. Read more

Impression:Interesting,physic phenomen,green energy;

0 1
  • posted bydpizetta on 08/06/2014

Pros: good quality - solid body in alumina, markers that make it easy to find the datasheet on internet, the cables are made with silicon to not melt with high temperatures. The price was very good for the product. The wires are about 20cm long, ideal for most of the applications. Cons: None. Other: I do not confirm if the power was really between 5... Read more

Impression:Very good product;

0 0
  • posted bysquil22 on 08/06/2014

Bought this with no purpose in mind. Just something to play with :) Had the hot side cooled by an older AMD CPU cooler (socket 939?) Ice started to form after a few minutes. Neat :) Had it hocked up to an old PC power supply (AT Form factor) Pros: It works well Cheap Cons: None Read more

Impression:Fun;

0 0
  • posted byjonipilo on 08/05/2014

Cons: Packaging is not the best, just a yellow bag, but luckily it seems difficult to break. Pros: They took only 2 weeks, although difficult to track it arrived in perfect conditions (no damage or so) I ordered only one but should have ordered at least 3, trying them in parallel and series + breaking a couple of them to check it inside. Just for fun ... Read more

Impression:Exactly as shown;

0 0
  • posted bydejanp011 on 08/02/2014

Well, what can I say, it just works. If you want to try it out before actual use, just use a 9V battery, the cold side will be cooler than the ambient very quickly. In real world use the full power supply using the power of 15V measuring 2-5A and do not forget to attach the heat sink on the hot side, or would quickly overheat. Read more

Impression:work as described;

0 0
  • posted bybluewind25 on 07/03/2014

Well, what to say, it just works. If you want to test it before actual use, just use 9V battery, the cold side will be cooler than the ambient very fast. For feal world use with full supply power, do not forget to attach heatsink on the hot side, or it would overheat fast. Hmm, ..., nothing I guess. Perhaps, a specially designed heatsink for this peltier ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymrSadder on 06/10/2014

This thing in my country costs 25euros :( so you can do the math... Other than that it is simple as hell to use it and you can do a million things with it if you are into DIY! I used it to replace the old peltier unit from a water cooler. It worked fine for about a year and then gave up. This happened because EITHER: a)the quality is something above ... Read more

2 0
  • posted byjoostje99 on 05/14/2014

powerful enough. long wires (15cm) of right guage. good waterproof seal to prevent corrosion and short circuit. because of the brand sticker there isn't maximum surface contact. the brand sticker can easily be removed to ensure maximum surface contact. i havent been able to measure its power output but when i tested it it formed ice crystals pretty ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byviduus on 03/18/2014

It works fine while heating. Assembly is pretty good, and the post package was protective enough. Cooling is not as good as heating, but for the apps that I use it's enough, because my apps are based in heat, but with high current the cool size is not as cool as it would be. It's a standard size in all peltier coolers, but a better construction would ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections