• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Very good product Fun Interesting Watch the temperature! green energy
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• very good price, but 50 watts.

posted by belldandyit on 05/12/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

well, it's much much cheaper than anything you can find on retail.
    The device came with silicone sealed sides,.that is very good for my application.
    Easy to use, better way to use is have a constant current drive.

Cons:

mine came with a corner dented. LUckily the metal elements inside were not damaged.

the maximum power is 50 watts, not 72. please check datasheet, or you will kill it before time....

OtherThoughts:

You can find datasheet here.
    http://www.hebeiltd.com.cn/peltier.datasheet/TEC1-12706.pdf

be very careful when applying pressure on the allumina sides because excessive pressure can crack it. I use a soft thermal pad (2mm thick) to have a good therma transfer while preventing stress on surface.

I use it for cooling a tiny chamber for testing components. Up to -10 degrees i can have it work with about 30watts at 25 gegrees ambient and a 0.5 C/w heatsing. Above that, my one does not work as expected, because voltage ramps up too quickly compared to the temperature difference... Maybe some elements are degraded. However great for my applications and to play with those cool gadgets.

Bottomline:

nothing, really. A cool device ad a cheap price. Perfect for stydy or for diy thermally controlled small environments

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections