Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very effective kit

posted by yorky2011 on 10/02/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

LOTS of cable maybe 4m? Reaches from the front of a sedan to the back.

The third ultra fast flash sequence is very quick around the same as an upmarket unit which I was very surprised with (I have a different model with older flash controller and the flashes were slow, this one is twice as good).

Comes with ample power cable as well, maybe a couple feet worth.

The LED are BRIGHT. The blue more so than the red but let just say there is no way you could look into them directly when flashing. If anything its too bright, but we all know that's never an option with LED's ;)

It's hard to measure the power usage of them, the most I read off the multimeter at the LED end was 10V so its possibly just passing the 12V straight to each LED segment which is fine, it appears each segment is setup to accept 10-12V each with there resistor. I think the resistors are 75ohm for the red and something else for the blue's. The most I got was 100mA per segment, so at most I'd hazard a guess at 4-500mA all up?

You can plug in the segments in whatever order of 4 you like (remembering that its a 2/2 flashing system).

Cons:

One of my cables came wired backwards (two wires) but as they are only LED's they don't damage it, and I simply removed the plugs from the cable and swapped them around the correct way.

The quality isn't that great, once I opened each segment a wire popped off but as I'm going to re-solder it with different LED's that's not an issue.

OtherThoughts:

Apart from the cable fault which was an easy fix, these are the most cost effective solution for LED flashers. It wasn't much more than the 2 segment unit and much cheaper than the larger (more LED) versions and of course this would consume less power.

The LED's appear to be Superflux (4 leg) LED's. Possibly 3mm (5mm inc base of LED).

Would be nice if there was a forth mode that alternated between all three modes but for the price it doesn't matter. It appears this same looking controller is used for many of the other different models.

Bottomline:

Perfect for emergency vehicles on the cheap.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections