DX » Community » Reviews » C-Media CM106 USB 2.0 External Sound Card Box with 7.1-Speaker SPDIF Optical Output
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byKuskus68 on 12/14/2013

The sound box is very small and useful. It performs hiqh quality sound. I need it for outputting HTPC sound to my home cinema amplifier and it streams 5.1 output through SPDIF perfectly. Just what I wanted. Easy install through USB and enough connections for jack inputs and outputs. I don't see any cons.... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bylloydxxx007 on 12/03/2013

Supports upto 7.1 speaker configuration Virtual Speaker Placing with virtual 7.1 Very lightweight and portable Windows 7 64 Bit support and drivers auto detected Strong metal casing which is not not available in any other card A little distortion at very low noise Not actual surround for 4.1 speakers ... Read more

2 0 0

• posted bydsonck92 on 11/13/2013

It just works with linux. Has independent output channels so you can use it with jack to output different audio streams on different outputs. Although it would be 7.1 as advertised, it can be clearly seen that it's just a 5.1 audio card. The chip however does support 7.1 audio and linux sees it as such ... Read more

0 0 2

• posted bypadova0rg on 08/25/2013

*Very easy to install on Win 7 *Good sound *Does what it has to do *The cheapest i found around *Too smal for my cables *Don't simulate 5.1 when you play something 2.0, only when you change between Pro-Logic/Normal *The driver app could be better *Sometimes it bugs and i need to disconnect and reconnect ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byalexandrebt on 06/07/2013

- Small for what it does; - Solid construction; - The software that came with it is very intuitive and have several configuration options; - Maybe i can say that the cable that came with it is too short... But you can easily replace it for a longer one. by the way, the cable being short, you reduce interferences.... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byGrijan on 05/23/2013

Really good price. Actual 5.1 output (not 7.1 as stated). Virtual 7.1, probably by mixdown to 5.1 (not tested). Reasonable build quality. Easy to disassemble if you need just the board to place it inside other equipment. Both Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 64-bit SP1 recognized it without installing drivers,... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byMaxFox on 04/21/2013

This sound card works fine, I was surprised with how it works very good. Works fine in Ubuntu and Windows 7 systems. The well plate is constructed and safe use. My TV could not send the sound to my 5.1 Home Theater but with this card I can send 5.1 sound from my computer to my home theater while assito ... Read more

1 0 0

• posted byrafig93 on 03/23/2013

*Smaller than it seems, i was very surprise by it...it fits on one half of my hand. *fairly easy to use, I use windows 8 and its plug n' play. it is recognizes as an external USB sound card. *The metal housing around it is in good build quality. *It could be cheaper. *the other plastic part are not that ... Read more

1 0 0

• posted byjstroy on 03/10/2013

From two channels to 7.1 channel configurations, this CMI106-based audio adapter offers good sound quality over USB 2.0. If you use all the analog audio input features, you can access up to six output channels, one microphone input, and two line-in channels (5.1 surround sound output configuration). ... Read more

1 0 0

• posted byiltavilli on 12/25/2012

Does what's supposed to do. Can do DD and DTS spdif passthrough at least with the latest drivers. Works fine with Windows 7 and Windows 8. Package includes driver CD and Usb Cable Good build quality. Finding newer drivers from the internet was a bit difficult. The CD with the product doesn't contain ... Read more

2 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections