Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Pretty cam

posted by ledfun on 02/26/2011
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Nice IR cam. Looks really compact and water proof. I just connected to my TV set video input port and it worked. The instruction sheet was not exactly the same as on the picture and contradict to itself in the voltage range one can use for the camera. At one point it writes 6-9V and a few lines later 12V. I was careful and started with 6V. It worked. Then with 9V it worked with maybe a bit better image quality. Then I tried with 12V. Still worked, but got warmer considerably. So I decided to use with 9V. I have a spare power adapter, so I attached. Unfortunately it was an AC adapter and my camera was not responding but get really hot. When I realized the bad power source, I thought the cam went to rabbish, but I gave it a chance. I tried again with the right 9V power supply and IT WORKED again! So, good staff.
    The night vision switch on automatically when the light is below some limit.

Cons:

There are no sign for the polarity on the power supply plug.
    The sctucture of illumination is not optimal. When IR leds are on, they give a shine for the dust floating in the air. It is interesting, that you see many thing which are invisible for your eyes, but the distance view is rather noisy then. Further, there are a white ring at the border of the picture. Would be better to have illumination in some distance from the optics.

OtherThoughts:

I will send some pics made by the camera soon.

Bottomline:

I want to install a surveillance system, but this camera may not be the best for it because of its illuminating system.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections