• 1 star 1 ( 4% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works just like the original

posted by mrbruins on 12/17/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The cable works just like the original one. Syncs and charges no matter how you plug it in. Unlike a previous comment that said that it only works plugged in one way, I have found that not to be the case and it just works fine both ways.

The build quality fine. It seems durable.

Cons:

Not really a big negative, just pointing out the difference in size with the original cable. On the lightning connector side of the cable, the white plastic part is slightly thicker, less than 1mm and about 3.5 mm longer. I didn't even notice it until I held it next to the original one.

I have a bigger gripe with the metal part of the lightning connector. It seems to be just slightly bigger than the original one, making harder to plug it in and to unplug. Maybe it needs a little bit of use to wear it in.

OtherThoughts:

Another negative is the price. I've paid close to original retail value for this cable only a few weeks ago, only to see the price drop by almost two thirds when it arrived. At the new price I would say it is good value, but at the original price (about $16) I would rather get one straight from a local shop.

Bottomline:

At a price of 7.99 or (preferably) lower, it's a decent cable.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections