Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymodem93 on 04/01/2014

more powerful than expected, didn't burn after I powered it without current limiting resistors (repeatedly) poor soldering quality, poor quality of wires, black wire was soldered to + and red to - quick and easy resoldering solved the issue I'm powering it with 3.3V and 5-10R resistor in series for current limiting. Beam is hardly visible. With no resistors ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCimistus on 12/10/2013

The brightness surprised! This could very well be 10 mW piece. Price is nice, especially brightness, and why not other quality too, in mind. Burnt out my diode in about 5 hours of total operating time. Apparently the specs given in the product info page were incorrect (I'm still bit suspicions as specs in the reviews seem to vary) . Included driver ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDawgmatics on 10/09/2013

nice laser module for the price, nice strong focasable casing, will work nice as a pointer or for projects mine was not workin on arival, but wil use one of my other diodes in this casing, please handle this product with care, like with all other laser diodes they can be damaged with static elec... i will get a few more laser modules on my next order ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byVladimir4 on 10/07/2013

Very good and powerful green laser diod. Mine starts to emit at around 115mA (voltage on it at that current is 1.73 Volts) - at that startup bare minimum current the beam is not very bright. I drove it to 300 mA - that is very bright and focus was good (but not perfect - you can try to improve by playing with the unscrew lens a little) Voltage is 1.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykjkrum on 05/26/2013

Cheap. Bright enough to use as a star pointer. Nice brass housing. Good focus with the included lens. Did I mention cheap? No integrated driver circuit. I built a very simple constant current supply using a LM317 and a resistor. (Search for "LM317 constant current circuit" for typical schematics.) I haven't directly measured the supply current,... Read more

1 0
  • posted byjprofesorek on 04/26/2013

Works as expected. Seems to output 10mW for real. The collimator (=lens) is adjustable, and the initial position is already OK. Physical specs are valid. !!! Electrical specifications are incorrect !!! Current consumption is much higher than in specs. The diode takes ~250mA rather than <45mA, and works in 1.7V÷1.9V range rather than 3V. Electrical ... Read more

6 0
  • posted byMadsHammerich on 03/11/2013

Nice brass case. The optics came well adjusted. The laser comes with no cirquit board. Can be a pro in some cases. Easier to build into stuff in a sturdy way, easier to drive pulsed The laser comes with no cirquit board. The recomandation in the product description 3-3.7V IS WRONG. I burned one of the lasers very quickly at 3-3.2V. Be carefull to limit ... Read more

• posted byNioderam2 on 02/08/2013

Good quality, hi-power and nice bright ray. Adjustable lens, sectional corps. Bad soldering quality. I recommended solder wires again. Without lens laser burn matches. Be very careful. If you still do it, I would advise you to wear safety glasses. I recommended use 2.5-3v. Nice laser with good price. Great for DIY projects. This laser module without ... Read more

3 0
  • posted byGigaSan on 01/25/2013

Cheap laser with high output and wide beam, adjustable lens and low IR output. Documentation is wrong, connections are soldered rather poorly. This is a very nice laser for simple use, the build quality is ok. Contrary to the above documentation the laser starts lasing IR at about 70mA, and begins emitting green at about 140mA. Working voltage is around ... Read more

4 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections