DX » Community » Reviews » TP-LINK TL-WR703N Mini 3G 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n 150Mbps Wireless Router - Blue
  • 5 star 28 ( 78% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 22% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjfbethlehem on 05/10/2014

This little router is, once flashed to *wrt or something else, very very useful. It can be used as car-wifi (just plug it into one of the sockets) or as a regular travel router. Transfer speed is decent, averaging around the 40mbit, which is fine to share the movies from my laptop to the tablets while we're driving long distances (quiet kids in the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byckitching on 03/17/2014

Small, powerful little router that has incredible third-party support through OpenWRT and various tinkerers around the internet. You can turn it into a little access point extender, tiny server, home automation interface, USB over WiFi bridge, or dozens of other things that you can imagine and build. Does not properly support USB 1.1 devices Chinese-... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydarkpower2k7 on 03/03/2014

Really a small router that you can carry with you wherever you go. You find a lot of tutorials online and you can do a lot of hacks with it. Easy to install dd-wrt on it which is a very powerful and easy to use router OS. I didn't use openWrt since dd-wrt seeams to be easier to use with a good and easy user interface. The price could be cheaper but ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byVal2k on 01/15/2014

Low price, good quality, ready to use dd-wrt, very small and lightweight, good choice for wireless DIY, have GPIO on board, low power consumsion build-in antenna provides low range, but there are a lot of instructions how to solder external antenna. Default firmware comes in Chinese, so dd-wrt works great. Good product for low price, great for making ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytryffan on 01/07/2014

Specs, design and appearance are all good. OpenWRT which can be flashed to the device has a steep learning curve. I used the firmware from : http://ofmodemsandmen.com/downloads.html which worked straight out the box once you follow the instructions. Initial user interface is in Chinese. Came with Flat (American plug) instead of round SA. Device is powered ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFonnie on 12/16/2013

like already mentioned in other reviews, it's only Chinese firmware, but http://wr703n.blogspot.be/ solves this very well. Easy to follow, and after the above change (and updates) it works great. Good communication with DX, was waiting a long time for delivery, but nice and correct feedback from DX deliverytime to Belgium was long, ... if you only want ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjrsikken on 10/15/2013

Very low power. Includes 5V/1A power adapter for US outlets. Really small. Feels strong. Clean design. You can flash OpenWrt to it. Cheap. It includes a printed paper manual in English but this is useless since the firmware is in Chinese. You can flash OpenWrt to it, that in English by default. I used this router to connect my Arduino to the internet ... Read more

3 0
  • posted byb4silence on 10/07/2013

- flexibility (acts as a repeater, AP, ...) - customizable (after tweaking a little) - strong signal reception - low energy consumption - small size - limited firmware in chinese - comes with UK power plug adapter - DD-WRT or Open-WRT could come as its default firmware, extending its functionality and making it usable by default Great product, offering ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMoobius on 10/04/2013

Good System, amazing price works well with WIND MOBILE from Canada . Works well with DD-WRT. Out of the box comes chinese. Unless you are ok with the chinese version a custom rom will be needed to use this router. Nothing so far. Once you put in the custom firmware the rest is easy.Just don't try to bring it back to the chinese version. It will brick ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byburakgulsen on 09/29/2013

it is very easy to use this product and it has a huge community in the openwrt family. its very eligible for tiny the cards quality is average but this is not a major problem even not a minor problem. if you want to use the router out of the box, you may want to wrap the eletronic parts. i bought this one for creating wireless secure tunnel for my portable ... Read more

2 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections