Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Mini router

posted by mustafadur on 04/16/2013
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This is very capable mini router. Its user interface is Chinese. Therefore if you don't know Chinese, you have to change the firmware. There are different options to update its firmware. I have updated by using OpenWRT and it is working very well. There are many usage scenarios for using this router. You can use this router as travel 3g router, you can use it as repeater, you can use it as small pocket internet device for robotics and other electronic devices.

Cons:

User interface is Chinese and there is no option to chose English user interface. It could better if it had also English user interface or English firmware. There is a rumor that hacked mr3020 firmware can be used for this router. However I haven't tested it by myself. It could have small network cable. Still OpenWRT is not for everyone and it is not easy to configure for 3G modems. It maybe daunting for casual users.

OtherThoughts:

I don't have any other thoughts about this product. I wish it had better user interface with bigger RAM and ROM because current specs are not so good.

Bottomline:

It is nice mini router with open source firmware possibilities. I suggest you buy if you want to experiment with OpenWRT and other open source firmwares such as DD-WRT.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections