DX » Community » Reviews » TP-LINK TL-WR703N Mini 3G 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n 150Mbps Wireless Router - Blue
  • 5 star 28 ( 78% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 22% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• This is really handy

posted by davet76 on 04/18/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

After getting an English language OS on it, its really handy. I installed OpenWRT, if you look around on google you will find some good tutorials on installing OpenWRT and configuring it
    Lots of configuration options for it - bridge, wireless AP, wired AP

Cons:

It comes with only Chinese installed - so if you speak English then you need to get something like OpenWRT on there
    It takes some effort and perseverance to set up, easier if you are already a network/IT person
    If you aren't ie like me, just need to stick with it and try some stuff

OtherThoughts:

I learnt a lot about networks, routers and wifi connections by going through the set up for it. This took a bit of background knowledge and some persistence to do it. I think this was the best link I found for setting it up and getting the GUI via web browser on it <http://wiki.xinchejian.com/wiki/Install_OpenWRT_on_TPlink_WR703N>

Bottomline:

This is a really useful device, if you stick with it and get OpenWRT on it you can do a lot with it. I hooked up an Arduino with ethernet shield via wired connection, usied the USB port to power Arduino and had it all broadcasting portably to the web (to Cosm).

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections