DX » Community » Reviews » Genuine KingMax 200X Hi-Speed Compact Flash CF Memory Card (8GB)
  • 5 star 3 ( 75% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 25% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• 7,4 gig, it's speedy and cheap.

posted by stevegek on 10/06/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The testing of Dealextreme's 8GB 133X KingMax CF card.

Okay it SAYS 7.43 G so it's allmost 8 gig...

Let's now save files which are 701 mb to the card. Vista says the saving speed is about 6.5mb per second. Sometimes it hits 7 and at some point I had 8 but 6.5 is very constant.

It now holds 6.84 GB (7,351,971,840 bytes) perfectly.

I saved all my files as 1.avi, 2.avi up to 10.avi in order of transfer. I just copied 10.avi (the last file) back to a different pc and the movie plays flawless.

With my Canon EOS 5D I can click away 22 pictures with about 3 pics per second, before it has to stop saving away the buffer (takes not too much time, couple of seconds really)

Price is good and sharp too. I can get them for about these prices in the Netherlands too, but not at the stores. There they ARE more expensive. So the price is very good.

Cons:

People might expect 8 gig and get confused when it's *only* 7.43

OtherThoughts:

No card holder included, but on the other hand you can get those for like 50 cents? Most other companies DO include these.. I never use them somehow.

Bottomline:

Bottomline:

Capacity: 7.43 gig. And NOT a hacked 2 or 1 gig.

Save speed through USB 2.0 card reader a stable average of 6.5 mb/s (not lower sometimes higher)

Great price.

Get them, now.... why are you still reading this? Get it....! Thanks DX!!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections