Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bydavx80 on 03/23/2011

- Very very bright - Alluminium star allow you to fix the led on the body of the lamp - The star is very good for heatsink - Easy to solder - Excellent for DIY project - Maybe it can cost less expecially now that newer led are out, but it's not a bad price I use it to mod a 18650 based flashlight and it's simply perfect. No problem for heatsink and ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAlbertosoto on 02/21/2011

This is an awesome bright led for the price. I also chosen this over the Q5 and I'm also glad I did. Star is very very well built. Led is perfectly centered. Solder spots are perfect. 20mm star gives you a good starting point for heatsinking. None at all. I bought this led for modding a about 20 years old 2C Maglite that was not working for 15 years ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysphinx10500 on 10/29/2010

it's very bright and gives a nice white light, and it's also cheap. i have chosen this over the Q5 and i'm glad i did so. none i built a custom flashlight using this LED (mounted using thermal paste on an aluminium heatsink from the chipset -north bridge- of a computer mother board), the sku.26107 circuit to power it (from 4x AA -R6- 1.2V rechargeable ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCulverjoe on 10/01/2010

conveniently mounted on a start with positive and negative points to solder to. light output to die surface area ratio is very high, I think the highest of any emitter on the market today this makes it have the BEST throw available. a little to purple for me, but it's not that bad at all I mounted this start to a head sink I made for a big maglite I ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypshrus on 09/08/2010

I bought 10 pcs for my DRL. I used 2 sku.13557 to drive them (5 pcs in parallel). It's very bright even if I drive 5 pcs in parallel with one driver. In this way there is no overheat sink. If you use one driver for one led you should use proper cooling I got no problem with delivering. It took 2 weeks. For mine leds all will be ok with solder. I haven'... Read more

0 0
  • posted byheng84 on 08/12/2010

Okay i ordered this and sku.2394(q5) and receive it both at the same time i got mixed up so i dont know which is which because they are on the same board and same diameter. they look the same and perform the same however one of the led im not sure which came in with the dome damaged, i see bubbles inside the die and its not clear but still usable i ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byzippyzappy on 06/27/2010

I tried to mount this baby in my TikkaXP but to no avail. So I mounted it in an encapsulated star mount in another flashlight. To put it simply, this bad boy is bright white. Lumem output compared to Lumiled was staggeringly different. Almost put it on par with my P3D in color and initial intensity on high, not turbo. Upon initial inspection of this ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byint0x80 on 06/22/2010

Bright and inexpensive replacement part suitable for upgrading virtually any LED flashlight. When used with good current source driver, it provides continious bright luminous flux suitable for all activities - even for caving. Current source driver is a must, as direct connection to batteries makes this LED very ineffective. Also, I don't like the color,... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybluebanshee on 03/14/2010

Bright replacement emitter for older LED lights. Nice tint. My emitter was NOT centered. Its actually off quite a bit. I thought this emitter would be brighter in a 3AAA light that it went into. It has a little more throw and spill. Its not impressive at all when compared to either my AKORAY or C3 with lithium. The aluminum on the board was quite a ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjaysers on 02/19/2010

omg.. the cree emitter is perfectly centered on mine. it is so very bright! the tint is totally perfect. i bought it to modify my jetbeam jet-ii ibs q5. now i mod it to r2. and the differents is amazing.. i prefer the tint so much better. the tint is so almost neutral white. and so bright. i solder off the star and exchange it with the led on the jetbeam.... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections