DX » Community » Reviews » C6 DIY Cree LED Flashlight Full Casing/Shell with Driver Pill (2*CR123A/1*18650)
  • 5 star 12 ( 75% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 19% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bywashdoc on 09/15/2013

I was looking for ? new host for my blue laser and chose this one. Nice small size for 18650 lithium cell. Fully dismountable. When got it - realized that this is exactly what I needed. Laser head was inserted through the aluminum sleeve for better heat dissipation. Can be a little bit cheaper. I like this one, so ordered a flashlight in the same C6... Read more

1.2 W  blue laser exploded view 1.2 W  blue laser in work 1.2 W blue laser exploded view 1.2 W blue laser in work
    1 0
  • posted bynko29 on 07/20/2013

This host is very well made with o-rings on every joint of the host. The anodizing is very well done with nothing left uncolored. It was very easy to install my driver and laser module... all that was needed was to remove the front glass and the silver optic thingy... Clicky button very well made! None at all! Very cheap and very useful for DIY projects.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLASERgenGibelli on 01/27/2013

- You can find parts to build on this flashlight everywhere, it's one of the most common. - Its also easy to find build tutorials for this piece. - You can switch tailcaps color easilly and your flashlights will be different. Buy them here at DX also. - It comes with the driver pill, just put a 17mm round driver on it and you are ready to go. - Can ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byctraney on 12/30/2012

I've built a few lights with these now and am using one for a laser. These are great versatile hosts..you can put all kinds of drivers and emitters in them, and a lot of people even make heatsinks and laser drivers to fit these making them easy for anything! Not the greatest host for heat dissipation on lasers, but still a very nice cheap host. None ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLASERgenGibelli on 12/05/2012

It's a great and beautiful flashlight, great for your DIY projects since you don't have to waste money buying the led and driver board that you won't use on your project. I used it to build a 1,2W 445nm blue laser pointer and it works great. It has a great quality, all in aluminium. Any 17mm driver board will fit its pill. It's a little bit too small ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byctraney on 11/14/2012

These are very nice! I actually purchased an Aurora c6 light before i ever ordered these, and these showed up with the same body. The pictures show an all black host, but the two that i received both said Aurora on one side and Cree on the other. Check out the Aurora c6 18650 light to see what it will look like. Other than that, these are great quality!... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfoulmist on 04/26/2011

good metal host for flashlights and DIY lasers :) i specifically bought it for my red laser diode I made my own custom heat sink that fits perfectly in this host easy to disassemble and assemble it takes 1*18650 or 2*CR123A or similiar batteries the tailcap is good and sturdy it can take much abuse the included heatsink is pretty thin for a good heat ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byEudaimonium on 07/05/2010

Awsome anodizing finish, inner construction easy to understand and (re)modify to suit your needs, usage of driver pill makes great new options for laser building, very solid contacts, tilcap clicky switch can take a lot of abuse, easily changeable caps. None I can think of. Awsome host for any flashlight or laser build. Maybe lack of mass for heatsink ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylightquantum on 06/01/2010

-good build quality -feels solid, heavy and expensive in the hand -glass lens -not one cheap plastic part -metal reflector -hard to solder a case connection to the pill with regular soldering iron, needs a few tricks to do that -cr123a batteries (DX) shake a bit, but contact / conductivity to spring I hotglued in place is good. -excellent host for lasers.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjmsai on 05/07/2010

Good casing for 2 cr123 / one 18650 projects. Compact, Stands on tail, optics can be totally removed. Good quality. Very cree XRE orientated. One had a tail joint which got extended from factory screwing of the cap. Grease and careful remount while holding it in place made it shrink back to functional. Got two, modified one to host a SSC P7, had to ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections