DX » Community » Reviews » C6 DIY Cree LED Flashlight Full Casing/Shell with Driver Pill (2*CR123A/1*18650)
  • 5 star 11 ( 73% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 20% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 7% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bywashdoc on 09/15/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I was looking for ? new host for my blue laser and chose this one. Nice small size for 18650 lithium cell. Fully dismountable. When got it - realized that this is exactly what I needed. Laser head was inserted through the aluminum sleeve for better heat dissip... Read more

1.2 W  blue laser exploded view 1.2 W  blue laser in work 1.2 W blue laser exploded view 1.2 W blue laser in work
    1 0
  • posted byLASERgenGibelli on 01/27/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- You can find parts to build on this flashlight everywhere, it's one of the most common. - Its also easy to find build tutorials for this piece. - You can switch tailcaps color easilly and your flashlights will be different. Buy them here at DX also. - It com... Read more

1 0
  • posted byctraney on 12/30/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I've built a few lights with these now and am using one for a laser. These are great versatile hosts..you can put all kinds of drivers and emitters in them, and a lot of people even make heatsinks and laser drivers to fit these making them easy for anything! Not the gre... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLASERgenGibelli on 12/05/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It's a great and beautiful flashlight, great for your DIY projects since you don't have to waste money buying the led and driver board that you won't use on your project. I used it to build a 1,2W 445nm blue laser pointer and it works great. It has a great quali... Read more

0 0
  • posted byctraney on 11/14/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:These are very nice! I actually purchased an Aurora c6 light before i ever ordered these, and these showed up with the same body. The pictures show an all black host, but the two that i received both said Aurora on one side and Cree on the other. Check out the A... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfoulmist on 04/26/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:good metal host for flashlights and DIY lasers :) i specifically bought it for my red laser diode I made my own custom heat sink that fits perfectly in this host easy to disassemble and assemble it takes 1*18650 or 2*CR123A or similiar batteries the tailcap is... Read more

0 0
  • posted byEudaimonium on 07/05/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Awsome anodizing finish, inner construction easy to understand and (re)modify to suit your needs, usage of driver pill makes great new options for laser building, very solid contacts, tilcap clicky switch can take a lot of abuse, easily changeable caps. Cons:N... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylightquantum on 06/01/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:-good build quality -feels solid, heavy and expensive in the hand -glass lens -not one cheap plastic part -metal reflector Cons:-hard to solder a case connection to the pill with regular soldering iron, needs a few tricks to do that -cr123a batteries (DX) shake a bit, but... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjmsai on 05/07/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Good casing for 2 cr123 / one 18650 projects. Compact, Stands on tail, optics can be totally removed. Good quality. Cons:Very cree XRE orientated. One had a tail joint which got extended from factory screwing of the cap. Grease and careful remount while holdin... Read more

0 0
  • posted byajkok on 03/21/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:I realy like the size of this housing, also the shape is nice, fits great in to anyones hand. The threads are well tapped and the seals are ok. Clicky seems to work as it is suposed to and is sealled nicely. Reflector provides an excelent throw and a nice dot.... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections