• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• My Favorite Torch

posted by ea88k on 10/19/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Smallest host I know for a 18650 battery. It fits better in my hand than its' brother Aurora DIY host Sku#15687. It has nice knurling that will secure it firmly in your hand. Q5 emitter Sku#11023 and Driver Sku#7612 are perfect for this host. It was shipped to me without defects or blemish. I also replaced the rubber tail cap with a green GITD available here in DX. Semi-smooth reflector provides a balanced flood and throw. It is the perfect size for me.

Cons:

None

OtherThoughts:

My family loves to go camping. It gives me the opportunity to play with my torch collection in the woods at night, especially when it is pitch black. I just can't take my finger off the trigger. My wife thinks I am crazy having so much of them.

Bottomline:

If DX sells an R2 emitter that will fit this host, it will give me a reason to assemble one torch using this host again. I really like it very much it has now become my favorite. It is the perfect size for me.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections