DX » Community » Reviews » 5000mAh Replacement Lithium Battery Pack for Apple Macbook 13" (A1185) Laptops
  • 5 star 14 ( 52% )
  • 4 star 11 ( 41% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 7% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byTweakMac on 02/14/2014

With Apple offering these batteries for 150 euros still, this battery is a no-brainer for an seven year old notebook. It charges fine. Build quality is fine. Stamina is disappointing. After a years use it will run the MacBook for max 90 minutes. The electronics in the battery don't cooperate well with the computer, resulting in shutting down without ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjoanange on 12/01/2013

The battery fits very well in my white Macbook, I did not have any single issue when installing it. Visual battery indicator works perfectly when you push the check button below. Battery charges and lasts for long, so I did not realise about the change, compared to my previous, 180-dollar genuine Apple battery. The battery status check button in the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRomaVictor on 05/27/2013

Seems to work very well, like it should. Battery life seems to be identical to the original Macbook battery (when I first got it). Has lights on the bottom to see how much charge is left. - The added little manual, which is written in terrible English, points out that you should only use it for two years. After that, it can be dangerous... - The manual ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySwoosho on 05/12/2013

In the Netherlands a original replacement battery (Apple store) costs $183. And an imitation costs around $78. After fully charged our Macbook runs just under 5 hours with brightness on 60%. We use it to browse on the internet trough a wireless connection. The new battery is not an exact fit but that doesn't effect the working. I'm very pleased with ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bykorneel on 04/03/2013

Looks very good works well. Feels firm and fits the mac book very well. Battery life is fine and it's seen as an original by the mac book. Color wise it's hard to see it's not original, it's a bit 'whiter' and more shiney I guess. Comes in a good wrapping and anti static foil to protect it. I had zero problems installing and I've been using it for about ... Read more

2 0
  • posted byav8nautiger on 02/22/2013

Price and email updates Wait time. Had to ship from China but worth the wait. Would use again. The price was good and they apparently worked hard to ensure I got the package in good condition. This is not your average "fly by night" internet vendor....real company that cares about their business! Had to replace my Macbook battery and the price ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byromanoe1 on 02/03/2013

Excellent replacement battery! Works perfectly in My white MacBook 13'. I totally recommend this MacBook 13' replacement battery! Instruction manual specifies the battery might nor work for more than two years. At this price, I'll just replace it in two years and it'll be cheaper than to buy an Apple original replacement battery! If you are looking ... Read more

0 1
  • posted byhflink on 01/21/2013

-Price is a fraction of a retail apple battery -Goes right in the slot like the original -Has the diagnostic leds -I get about 4h of "idle" life (with wlan) with it, which is nice. Reports 5000mah of capaticy. -the hardware seems to be 100% compatible and the macbook seems to be recognizing everything right. -slightly different color than ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMORTeNNs on 12/06/2012

- Price compared to original Apple battery. - Fits fine. - Works (!) and seems to hold power as good as the original. - Sufficiently wrapped in bubble plastic and cardboard box lined with foam. Surrounding the battery and antistatic bag. - Delivered with a bend corner (dx.com not contacted regarding this, but I am sure that they would offer a replacement ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPlets on 11/17/2012

Looks like the original one, has the battery metter, is easy to install, low price, the original costs 3 times more Color is a bit different from the original, but as my computer is old it's color is also a bit different from the original. I was one year running my mac without battery, than I found this alternative from DX and bought right away, it'... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections