Get DX Points!

• My macbook has a new lease on life.

posted by hflink on 01/21/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

-Price is a fraction of a retail apple battery
    -Goes right in the slot like the original
    -Has the diagnostic leds
    -I get about 4h of "idle" life (with wlan) with it, which is nice. Reports 5000mah of capaticy.
    -the hardware seems to be 100% compatible and the macbook seems to be recognizing everything right.

Cons:

-slightly different color than in the laptop
    -the "paw" is hard plastic, instead of soft plastic like the other 3 paws in the laptop.
    -the adhesive used on the protective plastic film is really hard to remove. I still have remains of it in the battery.

OtherThoughts:

This product made me really happy and satisfied. I was in the situation, where my old battery had died completely. The cost of a retail Apple battery is just robbery to the point of where I started to think of getting a new laptop since it would be cheaper.

This would of been a shame, since my old macbook works just fine. Then again a macbook with magsafe power cord and a dead battery is a pain. You can't really move the computer without it shutting down due to the connector falling off.

Bottomline:

If you want a working battery for your macbook and don't want to get poor while getting one, this is the one to get.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections