DX » Community » Reviews » AC to DC 12V 1A Power Adaptor with 5.4mm DC Plug - AU Type (110~240V)
  • 5 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 75% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 25% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works fine - but one problem...

posted by kewlkiwi on 12/15/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Very handy to have, I make edge-lit signs using LED strips and most of these run off of 12v DC.

Cons:

I cannot sell these to my customers - because they are illegal in both Australia and new Zealand!
    Both countries now have a regulation that says the Live and Neutral pins must be insulated for a certain length (so that if the unit pulled out a bit from the socket, no live connections are showing)

OtherThoughts:

I'd love to be able to sell these to my customers along with the edge-lit signs I make for them - but until the units are to be compliant to our regulations I cannot run the risk.

Bottomline:

A nice product, price is cheap compared to locally bought equivalents. But it is illegal for me to on-sell them to my customers - and I'd hate for a young child to be killed by poking around behind the PSU with a knife or something metallic.

I use them for testing, but customers are told to buy there own (compliant) version from local suppliers.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections