DX » Community » Reviews » Philips HQ130 Dual Action Electric Dry Shaver for Travellers (2*AA Battery Powered)
  • 5 star 22 ( 81% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 19% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good for on-the-go, not the closest shave

posted by himynameisbunny on 05/20/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

+ Original Chinese retail Philips shaver. Brilliant build quality as a result

+ Very compact, fits in the small zippered pocket of my STM Scout 13" bag with plenty of space left

+ Runs off AA's, so easy to replace batteries if you're out and have no charger for your AA's

+ Brilliant to use in the car on the way to work

+ Has a plastic cover for the blade-things, but...

Cons:

- ...it falls off waaaaay too easy. No point in having it on

- Box says it will only last 1hr worth of shaving. Of course, buy higher capacity AA's and this may not be a problem...

- Not the closest shave. Leaves rogue whiskers behind quite often. If you want a nice clean shave you have to spend a little more time on it

OtherThoughts:

~ I realise this would make it far less compact, but I wish DX offered a 3-blade model. I have a corded one for the bathroom (same brand, Philips) and the shave generally is a touch closer as a result

~ If you use this in public transport or in public (other than your car) I'm sure you'll get some strange glances

~ Could offer one that you could plug a Figure 8 IEC plug up to it to charge the AA's. Picky, I know

Bottomline:

= Good for the car/train/bus on your way to work

= Fits in compact spaces

= Takes standard sized batteries

= Could be improved on

= So damn handy, so 5 stars

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections