There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good mechanical, self winding watch

posted by chetvaldes on 07/30/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Arrived in perfect condition, no defects visible anywhere. For me, it's more about the nostalgia of mechanical watches that I grew up with. You can see a lot of the inner workings, which is pretty cool. I wear it to work and while driving, and my normal arm action seems to keep it wound adequately. It has never stopped, but it would if I didn't wear it for a day or two I guess. It keeps good time, within about 30 seconds a day. So far it hasn't gotten any scratches or dents, but then I'm fairly careful with it and take it off if I'm doing anything physical with my hands. The band seems to made of an inner real leather layer stitched to some sort of artificial material that is embossed with sort of animal skin pattern. My band was black on the outside, light leather on the inside, exactly as pictured. The band is thick, but cushiony so it's fairly comfortable to wear. I had to make a new adjustment hole since my wrist if fairly small, so it should fit large wrist easily.

Cons:

Mine is slightly different from the pictures in that the back cover has a slightly smaller glass window, and I can't see as many gears in mine, i.e. it's not as "skeletonized" Also, the rotor has a slightly different shape. This is a large, thick watch, although it's not very heavy. Being mechanical, it needs to be kept away from magnets and physical shock and vibration, i.e. I wouldn't go mountain biking wearing it on my wrist- it would be shaken to death for sure. For that, you can't beat a digital watch.

OtherThoughts:

Judging from some of the posted pictures, there must be some small variations in various features, such as back window size and how the watch is skeletonized.
    I'm not sure what the case is composed of, but it's probably chrome plated brass. The hands are so skeletonized, they are a little hard to make out in low light conditions against all the clutter. The hands could definitely use a better lume and possibly a contrasting color for better visibility.

Bottomline:

If you like fairly cheap, large, mechanical watches, this is the watch. And if you can manage not to drop it, and keep it away from water, then it might last a reasonble amount of time. It might even look good after loosing its shine and getting scratched up.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections