• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great device

posted by Akelsey on 11/27/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Android - i like this OS :-)
    Noiseless - it doesn't have a fans.
    Small size and weight - it just hangs in air (I put the HDMI in my reciever Yamaha 463)
    It has 8Gb memory mounted as sdcard (only 4gb is allowed for me but it is enough for me) and 2Gb storage.
    It has enough performance, i bought it to turn my TV to android box. I watch youtube and moives i mount my cifs/smb share to sdcard.

Cons:

It doesn't have 5.1/DT3/AC3 via HDMI yet. But guys from site 4pda.ru give me a little hope to remake firmware in feature and improve it.
    It doesn't have any screensavers, and if you forget to turn it off, your TV will show a static picture on screen, i suppose it is not good.

OtherThoughts:

I bought it on aliexpress, because DX.com didn't sell it couple of month ago.
    I installed last firmware from Bob Finless 1.5a. It has root access, and some improves against stock firmware.
    Now comrade 2dark4u from 4pda.ru promises to make a new firmware with perfect features, and i am waiting it.
    If you understand russian language you are welcome to our topic here:
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=380744
    PS
    I am using logitech m235 mouse for rule this device and on screen smart keyboard. It is more than enough, and i am very glad that i didn't spend money for any other devices. Mouse is very comfortable.
    Left click - tap on screen
    Double left click - double tap on screen
    Right click - emulate tap on back button.

Bottomline:

Great device, if you need to turn your TV-Box to Smart-TV-Box that is youu need.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections