DX » Community » Reviews » iPower 2400mAh Intelligent Fully Automatic Secondary Battery + Speaker for Iphone 3g
  • 5 star 7 ( 33% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 48% )
  • 3 star 4 ( 19% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good for the money - works with 3GS

posted by kimvy on 10/13/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- great price
    - does as advertised with respect to the battery

Cons:

- speaker is terrible
    - build quality could be better
    - a little bulky
    - doesn't seem to charge through the computer for me, but that might be me or I may have read the instructions incorrectly as the wording was odd, but does work through the wall outlet (does not come with item).
    - LED light is always on.

OtherThoughts:

I have another brand of this type of thing and wanted to get this one to compare as it is considerably cheaper. I'd have to say that for the money someone can't go wrong here.
    If you are hoping for a decent speaker, don't bother. The speaker was irrelevant to me, but if it is for you, spend your money elsewhere. The speaker sounds like an AM radio.
    My interest was in the extra battery life for the pitiful iPhone battery and it does very well in this regard. It held a charge and does well with the iPhone.
    The build quality could be better. In my opinion, they could not bother with the speaker and put a little more into the build. I almost peeled off the LED lights and it just seems fragile. Not that I want to, but it seems that if it were dropped it would shatter.

Bottomline:

A solid 4/5. I'd give it a 5/5 except that it does advertise as a speaker as well and the speaker is terrible.
    Definitely worth the money if you need a bit more power than your iPhone battery will give.
    I'll probably buy another when they get some in.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections