DX » Community » Reviews » Repair Part Replacement Touch Screen/Digitizer Module with Bus Wire for Iphone 3g
  • 5 star 2 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 25% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 25% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good

posted by Eliasbs on 05/11/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Much cheaper than going to Apple. Works great as a Direct Drop/Plug in replacement screen.

Cons:

But wait!!! My touch screen sensitivity is no where near what the original one had... even when my original screen was broken. This is quite frustrating at times and I imagine it would be worse if you play games on your phone. You also need to be good at working with small, delicate electronics... or know someone who is. The only truly hard part was heating the broken screen to weaken the glue. Using a hair dryers take a long time.

OtherThoughts:

I would buy it again in a heart beat. My original screen broke and I kept using it but glass started to crumble off and it clearly wasn't going to last. I replaced it with this one and I'm content but I do occasionally get frustrated by the lack of sensitivity and accuracy of this digitizer/screen.

Bottomline:

If your screen is broken what choice do you have? Pay Apple $200 or pay $24 and do it yourself. I'm willing to sacrifice a little touch sensitivity just to save almost $180. Search YouTube for step by step walk-thru tutorials on replacement. It's really not -that- hard. This does not come with instructions (not that I'd have used them since YouTube has video instructions), installation tools (sold separately but not really necessary if you have jewelers screw drivers already), or the glue/tape needed for install (Staples or Walmart have the double sided tape cheap).

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections