Customer’s impression:
good build quality touch sensitivity is awesome.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Better thn expected

posted by gw462 on 04/04/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Better than expected, it was 100% plug and play with Windows XP pro. The product i received was different than shown, it was 1 pcb board instead of the 2 shown which was acceptable to me. It fits nicely inside the screen, with the pcb underneath the left speaker. The USB hub gives you 2 extra internal USB ports, so I installed an internal bluetooth dongle and flash drive.

For some reason, the internal mini USB was not working on my eeepc 701 4g surf (tested with a meter). This model does not have a webcam, but from what I read online it still should have worked. I had to solder the USB hub onto the motherboard and reconnected the external USB drive to the internal hub. Hopefully you will not have to do this.

This product has worked out better than expected, I figured I would be searching for drivers on forums for hours to get the screen to work but this was not the case. The extra internal USB drives were an added bonus. I found that a few dabbles of hot glue worked well to hold the screen in place, just don't get any on the front of the screen (or put glue where a tab snaps in). I also popped off a few plastic tabs (that didn't hold the case together) to make for a better fit.

Great product good price would recommend.

Post comment

DX Everywhere