Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Better thn expected

posted by gw462 on 04/04/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Better than expected, it was 100% plug and play with Windows XP pro. The product i received was different than shown, it was 1 pcb board instead of the 2 shown which was acceptable to me. It fits nicely inside the screen, with the pcb underneath the left speaker. The USB hub gives you 2 extra internal USB ports, so I installed an internal bluetooth dongle and flash drive.

Cons:

For some reason, the internal mini USB was not working on my eeepc 701 4g surf (tested with a meter). This model does not have a webcam, but from what I read online it still should have worked. I had to solder the USB hub onto the motherboard and reconnected the external USB drive to the internal hub. Hopefully you will not have to do this.

OtherThoughts:

This product has worked out better than expected, I figured I would be searching for drivers on forums for hours to get the screen to work but this was not the case. The extra internal USB drives were an added bonus. I found that a few dabbles of hot glue worked well to hold the screen in place, just don't get any on the front of the screen (or put glue where a tab snaps in). I also popped off a few plastic tabs (that didn't hold the case together) to make for a better fit.

Bottomline:

Great product good price would recommend.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections