DX » Community » Reviews » XLamp MC-E K0-WG 370~700-Lumen LED Emitter on 20mm Star Board (MCE-WG-K0)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted by_Diceman on 04/29/2010

I bought this to replace the Nichia LED array in a popular 3xD camping lantern so it had a better tint and added brightness. The tint is pretty good (close enough to WG) although it varies toward the edge and centre It was a bit tricky to solder the connections to make all 4 dies work in parallel because ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byphongtrang on 01/28/2009

pretty bright I made a household bathroom bulb with this and it works well inside a white batroom diffuser. Drove it at 1A Vfw is 3.9V glue to a cpu heatsink. I just use old transformer with resistor in series to drive it. no cons other than it gets pretty warm. I'm using an old pentium M cpu heatsink ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bybbgobie on 12/21/2008

Bright, price, nice board Poor manufacturing, bad product description I ordered mine early, when it finally arrived, the board was designed so each die was addressable which is great for testing. The solder on the star was horrible, the joints were connected to each other, and had to be resoldered to ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bytechjunkie on 12/01/2008

Bright and powerful. Pretty straightforward replacement for CREE XR-E, with small challenges to focusing and power supply. 2nd set of boards I received were serial, not parallel. Had to scratch trace routes on board and solder together leads on each side of LED to convert to parallel. 2nd set had VERY ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byjkhobson on 11/29/2008

Nice product. Mounted well to serial board although advirtised as parallel. Beautiful unit, if wired correctly it should shadow the P7. Wrong format for me. Had to manipulate many things to accomodate this item. This is quite an inconvenience considering the time it takes to recieve from DX. I cant think ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byspikey8 on 11/24/2008

Single chip so you need only one lens Compact so it can replace XR-E Massive white light output (4 times XR-E) Comes on individual wired star that is thick so seems to be a good heatsink Has very low Vf Stated and partially made parallel - some of the pins came soldered together Only bin currently available ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bytechjunkie on 11/15/2008

Super bright, great white tint, much easier to focus then P7. Leads of emitter not all soldered together on receipt, but very easy to fix. Thermal management definitely an issue. Must make sure that whatever you put this in is well heatsinked. My first one melted an acrylic collimator lens after 20-4... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bytechjunkie on 11/05/2008

Very white, very bright, very nice upgrade from single die emitter, especially CREE. Easy to swap a 20mm CREE XR-E star with this MC-E star (if you can solder). Star is aluminum for good thermal transfer. (Hopefully, emitter slug is soldered directly to aluminum star wihout thermally insulating PCB layer ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections